The Race

The Race

The Reason

The Reason

Thanks to our Sponsors!!!!

Thanks to our Sponsors!!!!

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Troy Wenger, Injury Correction Extraordinare




Since football I have been working pretty regularly to get my shoulder in working order; surgery, rehab, rest, weight training, yoga, pilates, cortisone, different rehab, prolo-therapy…..


After trying just about every method of treatment available I was introduced to Troy Wenger, who has done an incredible job helping my shoulder move again. There is no doubt about it, Troy is an answer to prayer!


Over the past couple years I have flirted with the idea of triathlon as I heard so many people, including former athletes, really enjoying the competition and camaraderie that surrounds the sport. But as you can see from these photos I knew my shoulder would never let me swim.




But then about after about a year of working with Troy things started to loosen up and I gave swimming a shot. Slowly but surely the mobility started to come back and I learned how to swim. At first I used swimming as a tool for rehab and then slowly debated whether I could sustain swimming long enough to actually compete in a triathlon.


Keep in mind that from all my experience surfing I knew how not to drown, but I never actually knew how to swim…and had never swam more than fifty meters without stopping in my entire life. So learning the intricate techniques to swimming has been challenging and fulfilling adventure.


Thanks Troy for taking as much interest in getting me well as I do. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that I would never have even conceived the idea of triathlon, let alone Ironman, if Troy had not been working on me the last 2 ½ years.



Things still are not perfect but they are much better!



No comments:

Post a Comment