The Race

The Race

The Reason

The Reason

Thanks to our Sponsors!!!!

Thanks to our Sponsors!!!!

Monday, May 10, 2010

20 days left


Good Golly......Its go time baby...

Last weekend was my last big weekend of training before the race. Today starts at 3 week gradual taper that will allow all of the work I have put in over the last 5 months to sink in and take hold.

Nostalgia set in as I buzzed through same training roads I had traveled over and over again. The memories from the 300 hours that I have spent training were many. I felt like a warrior, on his last day, before leaving his training ground and heading out to war.

I have swam 150,000 meters, biked almost 2500 miles, and ran 425 miles. All in preparation to become an Ironman.

The wise quote "Life is a journey, not a destination" has proven so true training for this event. The journey has been the best part!

Thanks to all the sponsors and supporting companies along the way that have help me. Power Balance, Manitoba Harvest, Sambazon, Dr. Bronners, Coco Hydro, Sol Raiz Maca, Clif Bar, Erin Bakers Granola, Oakley, X-Terra Wetsuits and 2XU race apparel.

woohoo!!!!

1 comment: