The Race

The Race

The Reason

The Reason

Thanks to our Sponsors!!!!

Thanks to our Sponsors!!!!

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Alternate Mode of Transport

When Fe and I heard about the Earthday Celebration at the Ecology Center in San Juan we knew we wanted to go, and striving to be more of an Eco Warrior now-a-days I saw it fitting to try and find an alternative mode of transport to get there.

Luckily I happen to be in the period of my life where running an biking absurd distances is the norm. Since I needed to get in 3 hours on my feet, and The Ecology Center is about 15 miles away, I figured running to be the best option.

I headed out the house to the Trestles gate at Cristianitos, back to State Park, took the SC beach trail out to Capo Beach, on through the Harbor, up the hill at the Marine Institute, down PCH to Del Obispo, and then Del Avion straight to the Ecology Center.

The run was hard but I endured thanks to the Rocky IV soundtrack. Somehow, imagining that I am training in the freezing cold mountains of Russia, about to fight an unbeatable fortress of human muscle, motivates me to keep pressing on!

Another big day in the bag! Only 3 more weeks of heavy training.....Then the taper phase begins.

Thanks to Fe for making the worlds most tastiest acai bowls. This mornings offering was a delight!

1 comment: