The Race

The Race

The Reason

The Reason

Thanks to our Sponsors!!!!

Thanks to our Sponsors!!!!

Sunday, April 18, 2010

3rd Time's a charm



Three weekends in a row with a century ride and my body is acclimating quite well! I must say, it is a trip riding my bike to places that I dread driving too. I was especially surprised to find myself all the way back in Vista so I had to stop grab a pic.

Today's itinerary went a little like this.

745 - wake up and straight to the kitchen and whipped up a might fine batch of Buckwheat and Hemp Pro 70 Pankcakes....the perfect breakfast for these insane training days.


900 - church with the lady! We were 15 minutes late....doh!

1030 - swim - nice and easy for 1600M

1115 - started my ride from Talega, out to Dana Point Harbor, Down to Oceanside, inland through Vista, camp up through Camp Pendleton, a couple laps at Trails, and then home sweet home for a grand total of 101 miles

515 - quick transition run for 3.5 miles

5:45 - Home to a quick ice bath with Epsom Salt and a recover shake.

And finally amazing dinner prepared by my beautiful wife!

Today's workout was more geared towards time on the bike rather than speed so I made sure to take it slow and try and enjoy the rides. Scouting out a new trail helped too. The best part is I am not totally exhausted but rather, my body seems energized. Today was big for the confidence!

No comments:

Post a Comment